Whether you’re starting a new business and need a sign or are just looking to refresh your current one, you must put a lot of thought into the design.
These are the top four tips we have for designing your business signs:
- Keep your design simple.
- Maintain brand consistency.
- Choose a prominent location for your sign.
- Work with professionals to produce your sign.
At New Style Signs, we’re here to help you put together the perfect custom sign in Toronto.
1. Keep your design simple
Keeping your sign design simple has many benefits, such as:
- It may cost less to have your sign produced.
- It will be easier for customers to understand. No one wants to spend time deciphering a fancy font to figure out the name of your business or the message you want to send!
- It makes it easier for your sign to be readable at a distance. The letters on your sign should be large, bold, and easy to read rather than crammed together because you’ve tried to include too much information.
So, when it comes time to design your Toronto custom sign, don’t overdo it—just keep it simple! Never use more than two fonts on your sign, and don’t overuse capital letters.
2. Maintain brand consistency
Think about well-known companies, like Rogers or Bell. They use the same font and colour scheme everywhere, whether on their buildings, in their ads, or even on their service trucks. They want to make sure that you can instantly recognize their presence, no matter what form it comes in.
While your business likely isn’t as ubiquitous as Bell or Rogers, you can still maintain brand consistency. You should use the same fonts and colour scheme on your website, your social media accounts, your advertising, and your new Toronto custom sign.
3. Choose a prominent location for your sign
Another thing to keep in mind when designing your custom sign in Toronto is to think about where you’re going to put it. Here are a few things to consider:
- How much room do you have to display your sign?
- Can existing infrastructure support your sign, or will something new need to be added to your business to help hold it up?
- Are there any rules limiting where or how you can display your sign (for example, if you’re in a historic district)?
If you’re not sure if the location you’re thinking of works, then put together a mocked-up sign. Next, look at it from the street—both from a car and on foot—to see how well you can see your sign.
4. Work with professionals to produce your sign
A poorly-made sign will discourage customers from wanting to enter your place of business, and it makes your location look rundown and unprofessional. You should thus always work with professionals to have your Toronto custom sign produced.
Before you meet with them, think about the following:
- What materials do you want your custom sign created out of?
- Do you want your sign to light up?
- What size do you want your sign to be?
The more details you can provide your custom sign team with, the better a job they’ll be able to do.
How can New Style Signs help me?
If you’re in the market for a new custom Toronto sign, then you’ve come to the right place with New Style Signs.
Here are just a few things you need to know about us, and how we can help you put together the perfect custom sign:
- We’ve been in business for over 50 years, serving Toronto and the surrounding area. We pride ourselves in designing Toronto custom signs, and our professional team works with designers, architects, and engineers to make top-quality signs. We’re experts in signage creation, design, and installation.
- No matter what kind of sign you’re looking for, we can help! We have a wide variety of experience designing signs, including for churches and schools, road signs, pylon signs, interior signs, and custom wood signs. We’ll take the time to talk to you about your unique situation and help you determine what works best for you.
- We have an extensive sign gallery that you can use to help get ideas for your custom Toronto sign. Feel free to scroll through it for ideas such as a colour scheme, a font, or a unique look!
You can rest easy knowing that you’re in good hands when you visit New Style Signs. We have extensive experience putting together signs for a variety of industries, including commercial signage, healthcare signage, and municipal signage.
Your custom Toronto sign is one of the first things that a potential customer will notice about your business, so make sure it stands out!
Contact Us to Learn More
At New Style Signs, we’ve got extensive experience designing and producing custom signs. We’re here to make your dreams a reality and can produce a wide variety of signs for you, from wood signs to LED computerized signs.
Reach out to us today to get started. You can call us at 866-594-8354 or contact us online. We’re here to discuss your needs, expectations, and budget for your custom sign in Toronto.
Leave A Comment