Illuminated Channel Letter Signs Toronto & Mississauga
There are many perks to installing illuminated signs outside your business!
- Weather-resistant: Our illuminated signs are built to withstand rain, snow, and sleet (all of which can be expected during a Canadian winter!)
- Eye-Catching: An illuminated sign will make your business stand out, even if it’s dark or foggy outside. Illuminated letters, depending on the size, can project 10-45 times the distance of their height.
- High-Impact: Illuminated signs can be made in many sizes. A large and brightly lit sign will ensure no one forgets where your business is located.
- A Professional Look: Illuminated signs can give your business the polish and professionalism it needs to really stand out!
There are a couple options when it comes to mounting your sign!
- Raceway: Raceway mounting means that the sign is mounting onto the exterior wall using a rectangular mounting device. This mounting device contains all the necessary electrical components to illuminate your sign.
- Direct: Direct, or Flush mounting is a popular option for illuminated channel letter signs, and often looks more elegant than raceway. In direct mounting, the sign is installed right onto the exterior wall of the building, and illuminated via a power source inside the building.
There are benefits to either method. Direct mounting looks better than Raceway, but it is a lengthier process that involves more holes being drilled in the exterior wall.
Types of Illumination
Like mounting, there are two options when it comes to illuminating your sign:
- Neon: Neon is commonly used to illuminate signs, and has been around for a long time! It is certainly bright, and very reliable.
- LED: LED lighting is more energy-efficient, generally cheaper, and easier to maintain than neon lights. They are bright, and easy to spot from a distance. Another benefit of LED lighting is the fact that, once installed, you can change the message as often as you like!
Although neon has a certain distinct look to it, LED lighting is a better choice when it comes to environmental, and financial conservation.
When it comes to illuminating channel letters, there are two options:
- Front-lit: Front-lit signs are illuminated through their face (usually made of acrylic or polycarbonate material).
- Reverse Channel Letter: Reverse lit signs are backlighted, resulting in a halo effect around the letters.
As you can see, there’s lots of room to be creative when it comes to illuminated signs. At New Style Signs, we will guide you through the decision making process. Considerations include:
- Cost of fabrication, installation, and maintenance.
- Duration of installation.
- Energy emissions.
- City Permits and Regulations.